CATRON COUNTY FAIR JUNIOR RODEO
Arena Director & Superintendent: Blaine & Jacquie Atwood
No contestant, rodeo official or anyone officially connected with the Catron County Fair shall consume alcoholic beverages on the Fair Grounds or in the Rodeo Arena. Any contestant or exhibitor doing so will be removed from the Fair grounds and will forfeit any fees that have been paid. Junior Rodeo will use the 4-H Rodeo Rules for each event, except for Team Roping. You must find your own partner and enter as a team! You may find the rule book at: aces.nmsu.edu/4h/4-h-rodeo.html Go to Resources & Forms Rodeo Book
1. Contestants must compete in his/her age group only. There will be no exceptions.
2. No cancellation of performances will be permitted unless it is a physical impossibility to hold the performance. This will be determined by the Fair Board Arena Director and the Stock Contractor.
3. Entry Fees must accompany entry forms. All entry forms must be notarized.
ENTRY FORMS WITH NOTORIZATION MUST BE SUBMITTED MAIL TO: CATRON COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE P.O. BOX 378 RESERVE, NM 87830 NO CHECKS MAKE MONEY ORDER OUT TO CATRON COUNTY FAIR.
4. Entry fees will not be refunded for any event the contestant has competed in. If injured during the rodeo, entry fees may be refunded for remaining events that the contestant is unable to compete in.
5. Any contestant refusing to participate in an event he/she has entered will be ineligible for the all-around awards.
6. There will be no drawing out or refunds made after position or stock is drawn, unless the contestant has a doctor’s certificate.
7. You may download entry forms from this web site. Look under the heading Jr. Rodeo Entry
8. Team Ropers: Please verify with your partner before entering. Each Team must have a Header and Heeler! The secretary is not responsible for getting ropers a partner.
PAY OUT: Payout will be figured by the secretaries and will pay down to where the contestant receives his/her entry fee back in the event. The All Around will be figured on total money won. Contestant must be entered in two or more events to qualify. Buckles awarded to All- Around boy and girl in each age group.
THE DECISION OF ANY JUDGE, FLAGMAN, OR TIMER WILL BE FINAL. PROTESTS BY CONTESTANTS, PARENTS, OR SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS CALL: , Blaine or Jacquie Atwood 575-740-1389 or Yvonne 575-533-6430